-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

STEAMTOWN - STEAMPUNK MINIATURES - CELLO, MUSIC STAND & CAT - FREE WATCH PARTS COLLAGE SHEET

This video tutorial kicks off the Steamtown event, which will span over the summer months.  I’m starting with a few miniature items that will eventually be incorporated into larger projects.
First is a steampunk fantasy cello built primarily from clock parts and some other bits and bobs.  In addition to metal elements, I also incorporated a chipboard item which, when painted,, looks like metal.  Can you guess which item it is?
After I built the cello, I decided I needed a music stand.  The stand is constructed from clock parts but also includes some unconventional steampunk items such a tie tack.
The cat is something I’ve wanted to tackle for a long time.  I figured any respectable steampunk house would have a steampunk cat or dog.  Maybe in the future, I’ll tackle making a dog.

In the tutorial, I share my approach to building each piece with suggestions and product information.  Towards the bottom of the post is a FREE WATCH PARTS COLLAGE SHEET that you can download and use in your art.
VIDEO TUTORIAL




WATCH PARTS COLLAGE SHEET
Feel free to download this collage sheet and use it in your art.



IMAGES
You can find the miniature sheet music on my Miniature Books, Letters Music & Parchment collage sheet or my Old Books & Papers Digital Image Set available for purchase on my Etsy store 


8 comments:

Kerstin F. said...

Many thanks Laura, fabulous, really an artwork! Love your wonderful collage sheet and I'm very excited on your next steampunk ideas! Hugs Kerstin

Tarnished Rose said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for the great collage sheet too.
Marilyn

traci said...

Love the steampunk cat would love to see how it was made. >^..^<

revolutionaryarts1989 said...

Beautiful and unusual work as always!
But in the video, "Cello" is not spelled correctly--there is no 'H'. The word is Italian, and the letter 'c' before an 'e' or 'i' is pronounced like 'ch' in English, but there is no 'h'.

Holly M said...

Wow! Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! This is remarkable Steampunk artwork. Thank you for the fabulous tutorial.

Karen Mallory said...

Fantastic as usual! I so love everything you do!

mabelk said...

WOW!! What amazing talent you have...can't stop looking at them!

CatieAn said...

am wayyy behind in my blog reading but catching up. LOVE your steam punk beauties........amazing